Want to take your grilling skills to a new level? Then you should definitely try our recipe for smoky beef brisket from the smoker. You’re sure to impress your guests with this simple, yet impressive dish. Dive into the world of smoking and let yourself be enchanted by the delicious flavors.
- 4-5 kg beef brisket (boiled meat, not too lean)
- Helvetic Barbeque Coffee Rub
- Wood chips (e.g., hickory or mesquite) for the smoke flavor
Recipe and instructions:
- Prepare smoker: Preheat your smoker to a temperature of 110-120 °C and place wood chips in the fire to create the smoke flavor. Make sure that the smoker maintains a constant temperature.
- Prepare Brisket: Rub the Beef Brisket generously with Helvetic Barbeque Coffee Rub and let it rest for at least an hour per inch of thickness to allow the flavors to soak in.
- Smoking: Place the marinated brisket on the grate of the smoker and close the lid. Let the meat smoke slowly for about 6-8 hours until it reaches a core temperature of 70 °C. Check the temperature regularly and add more wood chips as needed.
- Steaming : Take the smoked brisket out of the smoker and wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or butcher paper. Let the meat steam for another 2-4 hours until it reaches a core temperature of 87 °C.
- Let rest: Take the steamed brisket out of the smoker and let it rest for about 1-2 hours to lock in the juices and tenderize the meat. Important: Do not pour away juice.
- Slice and serve: Slice the Beef Brisket across the grain into 1.5 cm thin slices and baste with the juices.
Enjoy the juicy and aromatic brisket!