A ribeye steak is a real treat for meat lovers. With this simple recipe, you can cook a juicy ribeye steak on the grill and enjoy the full flavor of the meat. The right preparation technique and a few tips for grill optimization will ensure that your steak is perfectly cooked and irresistibly delicious.
- 2 thick ribeye steaks (approx. 500 g per steak)
- Helvetic Barbeque Goldfinger Rub
- Olive oil
- Take the ribeye steaks out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling to bring them to room temperature. This allows for more even cooking.
- Preheat your grill to high heat, ideally around 230-260 °C. Make sure you have a direct and an indirect grilling zone.
- Rub the ribeye steaks generously on both sides with Helvetic Barbeque Goldfinger Rub.
- Brush the steaks lightly with olive oil on both sides to prevent sticking and promote a nice crust.
- Place the steaks on the hot direct grill zone first and grill them for about 2-3 minutes per side to create a nice grill mark.
- Then move the steaks to the indirect grilling zone and close the grill lid. Continue grilling them until they reach the desired doneness:
- For medium rare: about 3-4 minutes per side.
- For medium: about 4-5 minutes per side
- For medium well: approx. 5-6 minutes per side
- Note that the exact time may vary depending on the thickness of the steak and the desired cooking level. Use a meat thermometer to check the core temperature: about 55 °C for medium-rare, 60 °C for medium, and 65 °C for medium-well.
- Let rest:
- Take the grilled steaks off the grill and place them on a plate. Let them rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving. This allows the juices to distribute throughout the meat and makes the steak even more tender.
- Serve the ribeye steak together with side dishes of your choice, we prefer a little of our Helvetic Barbeque O.D.B sauce to intensify the flavor of the meat.