Preparing tasty pork shanks from the smoker is easier than you think. With our simple recipe, you’ll conjure up juicy and smoky knuckles from the grill.
- 3 pork knuckles
- 1 Helvetic Barbeque Suction Rub
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash the pork shanks thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Brush the shanks with olive oil and then rub with Helvetic Barbeque Sauguät Rub on all sides. For a more intense flavor development, leave the spice mixture to soak overnight.
- Preheat the smoker to a temperature of about 120-140°C.
- Place the marinated pork shanks on the grate of the smoker and close the lid.
- Gently smoke the shanks for about 4-6 hours until they develop a nice smoky crust and the meat is tender and juicy.
- After the shanks have reached the core temperature of about 95°C, carefully remove them from the smoker and let them rest for 10min.
- Serve the smoky pork shanks with your choice of side dishes such as sauerkraut, roasted potatoes or a crusty baguette.