Wild Boar Pulled Pork is a delicious twist on the classic Pulled Pork that has a little more flavor and aroma.
Here is a simple recipe to prepare wild boar pulled pork:
- 2-3 kg wild boar fillet or shoulder
- 1 x Helvetic Barbeque Suction Rub
- 2 dl apple juice
- 2 dl game broth or chicken broth
- 1 x Helvetic Barbeque Original Sauce
- Preheat the grill / oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
- Rub the wild boar tenderloin or shoulder generously with Helvetic Barbeque Sauguät Rub, making sure the rub sticks to all sides.
- Place the meat on the grill / oven until the core temperature reaches 70 degrees.
- Place the meat in a roasting pan and baste with apple juice, game broth or chicken stock. Cover the roaster with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 6-8 hours until the meat has reached a core temperature of 95 degrees, is very tender, and pulls apart easily.
- Remove the meat from the roaster and place on a cutting board. Pull the meat apart with two forks so that it is divided into small pieces.
- Heat Helvetic Barbeque Original Sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the pulled apart meat to the BBQ sauce and stir well so that the meat is coated with the sauce.
- Serve the wild boar pulled pork on sandwich buns or burger buns and enjoy!
As a side dish, you can use the usual like fries, salad, vegetables, etc. What is highly recommended is grill vegetables. Here to you can put among other things peperoni, zucchetti, onions, Rüäbli, etc. in a roaster and put directly from step 3. under the meat in the oven / grill. In step 4, simply place the meat on top of the vegetables and cook according to the instructions. Continue instruction…