Ribeye steak is a true classic on the grill and a favorite of many meat lovers. Here’s a recipe for a juicy ribeye steak on the grill:
- 1 ribeye steak (approx. 2.5-3 cm thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Helvetic Barbeque Goldfinger Rub
- Remove the ribeye steak from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill and set it to high temperature.
- Brush the ribeye steak with oil and rub with our Helvetic Barbeque Goldfinger Rub.
- Place the steak on the hot grill grate and grill for about 3-4 minutes until grill marks have formed on the underside.
- Turn the steak over and grill for another 3-4 minutes until the desired doneness is reached. To check the cooking level, you can use a meat thermometer. For medium rare, the steak should have a core temperature of 54-57°C, for medium of 57-63°C and for well done of 63-69°C.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let rest for about 5-10 minutes to keep the meat juicy.
- Cut the steak into thin slices.
PS: Despite the incredible flavor of the ribeye steak, we recommend our Helvetic Barbeque O.D.B. Sauce. Don’t worry it doesn’t drown out all the meat flavor. On the contrary, it intensifies the taste of meat!